Fieldwork Information for Fieldwork Educators
We want to welcome you into a partnership with us as a fieldwork education site!
- As a fieldwork educator you provide an important and unique role supporting the educational bridge linking our OT academic program with practice.
- Fieldwork educators collaborate with our OT faculty to guide students to become competent and confident entry-level occupational therapists.
- We appreciate the time and expertise you bring to the role as a fieldwork educator to build a fieldwork program to complement our curriculum design and student’s program of study.
- Please take a few moments to review our program and access the resources for fieldwork education.
- We look forward to working with you and encourage you to contact us with your questions.
Thank you for your support and expertise in supervising our students. Our current forms and information packets are available below.
The following documents are .PDF files If necessary, click here to download Adobe Reader.
General Background on Fieldwork
Fieldwork Evaluation of Student
- The fieldwork student evaluation process occurs through the E*Value website.
- Fieldwork educators are sent a welcome email to establish an account.
- Fieldwork educators are able to view past Student Evaluation of Fieldwork Experiences through E*Value to support program assessment of the fieldwork program.
E*Value Fieldwork Evaluation
Samples of Student Fieldwork Evaluation Forms
Fieldwork Educator Resources
- Fieldwork Supervision Strategies
- Evans, M., Barnes, M., and Cohn, E. (2002, January/February). Perceptions of level I and level II fieldwork in the same site. The American Journal of Occupational Therapy, pp. 103-106.
- Stutz-Tanenbaum, P., Hooper, B. (2009, June). Creating congruence between identities as a fieldwork educator and a practitioner. Education Special Interest Quarterly published by The American Occupational Therapy Association, 19(2), 1-4.
- Cohn, E., Dooley, N., Simmons, L. (2001). Collaborative fieldwork model. Haworth Press, Inc., pp. 69-83.
- Johnson, C., Haynes, C., Oppermann, J. (2007, December). Supervision competencies for fieldwork educators. OT Practice.
Fieldwork Office Contact Information